Luxury Vinyl Brands We Carry at Clawes Carpets & Flooring
What You Need to Know about Resilient Flooring
Luxury Vinyl flooring is a low-cost alternative to other types of flooring. It has the look of wood or tile, although it is actually made of a printed finish layer fused to a composite core. This material is very forgiving when it comes to uneven or damaged subfloors, and it can be installed directly over wood, concrete or other flooring. It has a very tough finish layer and holds up very well to scratching and wear.
Sheet vinyl flooring comes in 6’ or 12’ widths. It has been around a while and is typically found most in kitchens and bathrooms area’s being that its advantage is it holds up well to spills and water. Since it is a glue down product and not a floating floor you don’t have to worry about it popping up if water does get under it as a wood or laminate floor might. Although no product is 100% water resistant it is one of the most resilient when it comes to water.
VCT (vinyl composition tile) is a vinyl product but with an aluminum oxide or powdered metal coating. It goes a step above the sheet vinyl as it has a better wear layer. It comes in a faux grout or no grout (grout is acrylic). VCT typically mimics the look of natural tile, stone or wood – but unlike the real thing its softer under foot, not as cold under foot, and with it being an acrylic grout it is much easier to clean. If you want a product that is easy to clean and maintain this may be the product for you!
Luxury Vinyl and Resilient Floor Care Instructions
- Each manufacturer has Warranty and Care Guidelines unique to your product available on their website. We recommend each customer familiarize themselves by reading this prior to their installation and keeping on record. Make sure you know which warranty applies to your product. If you have any questions on this, please reach out to your Clawes Carpets & Flooring Sales Associate.
- The customer is responsible for keeping proof of purchase of their flooring purchase. This is important to provide for the warranty of your floors.
- Only use the manufacturers recommended cleaning method for your flooring product. If the consumer uses a product not recommended from the manufacturer to clean and/ or maintain your floors, Clawes and the Manufacturer cannot be held responsible for any damages.
- Stop dirt at the door by using mats placed directly outside and inside the entrance, taking your shoes off when you enter the space, and changing your air filters to reduce airborne dust particles.
- Clawes Carpets & Flooring recommends BONA for cleaning resilient floors. Please make sure the cleaner is for resilient floors as BONA carries cleaning products for multiple hard surface types. You can find their resilient cleaner here. BONA also sells a cleaning kit that comes with a removable and washable microfiber pad you can find here.
- NEVER use soap, wax, oil, or detergent to clean your floors. Soap, wax and oil will create a build up over time that is very difficult to clean.
- When using a vacuum make sure the beater bar is turned OFF.
- It is important to have felt pads to put under the legs of chairs, sofas, tables, etc. This protects the floor from scratches, especially chairs that are moved frequently. We recommend Flexi-Felt you can purchase here.
- If you have a chair with cast roller wheels use a mat to protect the floor.
- Avoid wearing heels on resilient floors.
- It’s recommended to keep a few boards or a box, if possible, for future repair work that may occur.
- Luxury Vinyl products are not warranted against squeaking, popping or crackling. Some squeaking, popping, or crackling is possible when installed using floated methods.